The United Nations University (UNU-WIDER) PhD Internship Program is inviting doctoral students around the world to apply for a fully funded opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research, and to work with UNU-WIDER researchers in areas of mutual interest.
PhD interns typically spend 3 consecutive months at UNU-WIDER and are expected to return to their home institution afterwards. During their time in Helsinki, PhD interns prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. PhD interns may also have the opportunity to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
- Applicants have to be currently enrolled in a PhD Programme
- Applicants must have demonstrated the ability to conduct research on developing economies
- Fluency in oral and written English is necessary
- Good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills
- Candidates working in developing countries and those who are at later stages of the PhD will be preferred
- Travel Grant (from and to the location)
- Medical insurance
- Monthly stipend: EUR 1,600
UNU-WIDER only receives online applications for the PhD Internship Programme twice each year.
The deadlines for submission of applications are 31 March and 30 September 23:59 UTC+3 each year. When applying in September, you would be visiting UNU-WIDER in the period February-June of the following year and when applying in March, you would be visiting UNU-WIDER in the period August-November of the same year.
Find out more on the below official website links.